The Dual-Band N600 Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender known as F9K1122 solves the week or intermittent signal issues by extending the range of Wi-Fi through main router. If you wish to know more about this Wi-Fi range extender, then kindly refer to the following brief introduction about all of its key features.
Dual-Band N600 Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender (F9K1122) behaves like a repeater and keeps on repeating the Wi-Fi signals. While repeating the Wi-Fi signals it also acts as wireless bridge for providing connectivity between available wired devices. Its features and the minimum system requirements to make it operational have been discussed as follows.
In order to ensure better understanding of physical components, Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender (F9K1122) is divided into two parts i.e. Front Panel and Back Panel.
Front Panel: The front panel consists of a status LED, Wi-Fi Protected Setup LED and a WPS button.
- Status LED: The glowing of this LED light represents the status of F9K1122 Dual-Band N600 Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender.
- If the Status LED is not glowing then it means your Belkin range extender is either not connected to a power source or is not receiving power due to any power interruption. In this case, users must ensure the extender is connected to a working power outlet whose power switch has been turned ON.
- If this LED light beeps blue in color, then it means the Belkin Extender Setup is powering ON.
- If the status LED glows steady blue in color, then it indicates that the Belkin range is receiving strong Wi-Fi signals.
- The glowing of status LED light in steady Amber color indicates that the range extender is receiving less or weak Wi-Fi signals. Low Wi-Fi signals lead to improper functioning. So, whenever the status LED glows amber, one should try to re-position the extender to place where it can receive better Wi-Fi signals.
- If the Status LED beeps Amber in color then it indicates that the Belkin range extender is unable to connect with available Wi-Fi network. In this case, users must try to position the Belkin range extender a bit close towards their router.
- The glowing of alternate Blue and Amber light indicates that the Belkin range extender is available for set up.
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup LED and a WPS button: WPS button is present on the upper surface of Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender. Users can turn ON the WPS button to securely connect the WPS- enabled devices with their N600 Belkin Wi-Fi range extender. The WPS enabled devices can include any smart phone, tablet or computer. The WPS LED light indicates the status while a user tries to connect with a device using WPS.
- If the WPS LED is not glowing then it means the WPS feature has not been enabled and is left idle.
- If the WPS LED beeps blue in color, then it means Belkin extender is scanning and looking for nearby WPS enabled mobile devices as well as computers.
- The steady glowing of WPS LED in blue color indicates the Belkin range extender has been securely connected with any of the nearby computer or mobile devices.
- If the WPS LED beeps amber in color then it means the extender failed to securely connect with any of the available computer or mobile devices.
Being a Belkin range extender user, if you wish to confirm the availability of WPS feature then kindly refer to the following steps.
- Open the “Advanced Settings” menu of your Belkin range extender.
- Locate the option for “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” and click on it.
- At Wi-Fi Protected Setup page, you will be able to see if the extender is “Using Wi-Fi Protected Setup” or not.
Back Panel: The back panel of dual band N600 Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender (F9K1122) consists of an Ethernet port and a Reset button.
- Ethernet Port: This Ethernet port can be used for connecting wired devices as well as Audio and Video devices like television, CD players, gaming consoles, etc.
- Reset Button: This button can be used to restart the Belkin Wi-Fi extender if any functional issue is encountered. Pressing this button will also set back the Belkin Range Extender Setup to its default settings.
Following are the minimum system requirements for using F9K1122 Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender:
- A wire-free router that support broadband internet connectivity.
- One Computer that supports an operational wire-free network interface card as well as TCP/IP protocols.
- The computer must have an operating system that is windows XP 32-bit, windows 8, MAC X10.5~7 to 10.8, windows vista 32-bit/64 bit or higher.
- Any one of the web-browsers like Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer 7 or higher.
- 1.8 GHz processor
- A RAM storage capacity of 512 MB.