In order to ensure the proper functioning of Belkin router it is recommended to keep on updating its network adaptors. Other than this, if you are experiencing any network connectivity then also updating the network adaptors resolves the problem. For, complete updating procedure of Belkin router’s network adaptors kindly refer to the information provided below.
Many of the Belkin performance issues occur due to its outdated network adaptor drivers. So, whenever a performance issue is reported one must check whether the network adaptor drivers are updated or not. If they are not updated one must go though the following procedure to get it updated with the most recent one available till that date.
Updating of Belkin network adaptor drivers includes a two step process i.e. downloading of updated drivers and its installation.
Steps for downloading the Belkin network adaptor drivers:
- Visit Belkin N300 Setup Support page from any of the web browser on your computer. Locate the search field, type in the version details of Belkin router and click on the option to search or press enter key. You can easily locate the version details from the printed sticker available on your router.
- After clicking on search a list of devices will open up. So, locate your device within that list and click on it.
- Click on the option for “Firmware” or “Download.”
- You will be directed to “Download article” page. There choose the updated version of drivers for your device.
- After selecting the drivers click on the link for downloading it. Soon as you click on “Download.” you might come across a prompt that will ask you to specify a particular location for saving the downloaded file. So save it to any particular location you want. In case, you do not specify any location the files will be saved to the default storage location of downloaded files. This default storage location might vary according to different web browsers.
Once, you have gone through all these above listed steps, the latest version of divers will be saved on your computer. Now, you may proceed to the following installation procedure for correctly updating the network adaptor drivers for Belkin N300 Router Setup.
Steps for installing the updated network adaptor drivers might slightly vary as per device operating system. The following installation procedure is for windows 8 operating system.
- Connect the adaptor with your computer.
- Move the cursor to upper right side of the screen for viewing the charms bar. There you will find an icon for “Settings.” So, click on “Settings.”
- Under Settings, locate the icon for “Control Panel” and click on it.
- Double click on the icon for “Device Manager.”
- Click on “Network Adaptors” to maximize the list of available adaptors. Right click on the network adaptor that needs to be updated and select the option for “Update driver software.”
- You will be directed to a new page. There click on “Browse the computer drive” and locate the downloaded “Driver update” file.
- Click on “Let me select the device drivers” and locate the file for driver update.
- Click on “Have Disk” for locating the driver update file saved within computer. Enable the option to “show only compatible hardware” to avoid viewing non-compatible ones.
- You will be directed to a new window. There click on “Browse” and move to the driver file location. Once you find the file, click on it to open up. Ensure that the file exists according to the format of your operating system.
- Tap on the option for “Next” to start the installation of updated drivers.
- Once the installation is complete click on “Close.” After this, you will receive a prompt asking you to restart the computer. So, click on it to restart the computer.
In this way, you can install the updated network drivers using windows 8 operating system. In case of computer with another operating system the setup procedure might vary a bit but would be almost similar to this only. For separate operating system based driver update procedure you may visit Belkin Setup N300 page. In case, you find and difficulty while going through any of the above listed steps, then feel free to ask help from the dedicated team of Belkin tech support persons.