Are you facing any performance issues with your Belkin AC 1200 Wi-Fi range extender? If yes, the problem could be due to the use of an older version of Belkin range extender. Thus, in order to address the concern it is recommended to update the firmware of Belkin router. Here’s the complete procedure to offer guidance in updating the firmware of Belkin AC 1200 range extender.
No doubt, Belkin range extender AC 1200 efficiently serves in extending the range of Wi-Fi networks. Still, using the range extender with an older version of firmware can lead to few performance issues. The performance issues can be like dropping internet connectivity, decreased Wi-Fi range, etc. Thus, in order to avoid performance issues, it is recommended to always keep the firmware of Belkin extender updated with the most recent one available till that date. Updating the firmware also enhances the features and functionality of Belkin wireless range extenders.
All Belkin Extender Setup including Belkin AC 1200 range extender are capable of self updating their firmware. There could be times when the self updating of range extender fails. In such cases, users must try to manually update the firmware of Belkin range extender. Here’s the step wise procedure to perform firmware update of Belkin range extender automatically as well as manually.
Steps for Auto-updating the firmware of Belkin AC 1200 Wi-Fi range extender:
- Visit web-based Belkin extender setup page.
- Once the Setup page opens up, locate the option for “Administration” and click on it.
- Under Administration settings you will find an option for “Firmware Update.” So click on “Firmware Update” to open the settings menu for performing firmware update.
- The Firmware update page will open up. It will display the presently running firmware version of your Belkin range extender. So, from there you can check if the firmware version is updated or not. On the same page, you will find a check box labeled as “Auto update range extender whenever the improvements are available. So, check in this check-box by click on it. Once you will click on it, the box will be tick marked and it means the extender will self update the firmware whenever there will be a new version update available.
In this way you can configure your Belkin AC 1200 range extender for self updating its firmware. Other than this, here you can also view the firmware details of your range extender.
If in case the extender is unable to perform auto update, then you can go through the following steps for manually updating the firmware of your Belkin AC 1200 range extender.
- First of all, you need to have the firmware update file. So, visit Belkin N300 Setup Support page and type in the model number of your Belkin extender in the provided search field. After typing the model details press the “Enter” key from you device keyboard.
- The extender’s image might show up. So click on that image to view its complete page.
- Locate the “Downloads” button and click on it. Under downloads click on “Firmware” button.
- Under list of downloadable files, click on the hardware version of your range extender.
- Now, click on the “Download” button to save a copy of that file. You might receive a prompt for saving the file. So, click on “Ok” to save the file to the default location of your device.
- Once you have the Firmware update file saved on your device, visit the web-based Belkin N300 WiFi Range Extender setup page.
- After you are at the range extender’s setup page, locate the option for “Administration” and click on it.
- Click on the “firmware Upgrade” button available under Administration settings.
- There you will find an option to “Select a file.” So, click on “Select a file” to browse the firmware update file location for performing the manual update.
- Browse the location of downloaded firmware file and select it.
- Click on “Open” button.
- You will be directed to a new page; there click on “Start Upgrade” and the device will start updating its firmware utilizing the selected downloaded file.
- Kindly, ensure that the power supply to extender is not at all disabled while the update is in progress.
- You will notice that your Belkin AC 1200 range extender will reset after the manual updating has been completed.
This was all, how one can update the firmware of Belkin AC 1200 wireless range extender automatically as well as manually. Hope the information provided here was simple and easy to understand. It you wish to have more of such information, then feel free to visit Belkin Rang Extender Setup page.