While using Belkin range extender users might come across various kinds of connectivity issues. It can be connectivity issue related to Wi-Fi, mobile device, etc. So, in order to address the concern here’s the list of troubleshoot steps that will help in solving all kinds of connectivity issues related to Belkin.
Are you facing connectivity issues with your Belkin range extender? If yes, then here’s the troubleshooting guide to address all those connectivity issues. It does not involve any technical assistance because merely following the steps in the provided sequence will help in solving the connectivity issues related to Belkin N300 WiFi Range Extender.
While installing the Belkin range extender if you are not able to connect with it, then kindly go the following troubleshooting steps.
- Firstly, check and ensure that your range extender is connected to working power outlet that has been Powered ON.
- Check if now you are able to communicate with your Belkin extender. If the connectivity has still not been enabled, then go proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
- Reset the range extender to its factory default settings. Locate the “Reset” button of Belkin range extender. You can easily locate it at the sides of the range extender. Press down the “Reset” button for a minimum of 10 seconds and then release it. Your extender will start rebooting after the reset is completed. Kindly, remember that all the altered settings options will be reset to the default one. So, if required you will have to go through the modifications again. After resetting, check if now you are able to communicate with your Belkin. If the issue still persists, then feel free to ask for Belkin N300 Setup Help from technical support persons.
If you have successfully installed the Belkin range extender but are unable to connect any mobile device to its Wi-Fi network, then you may refer to the following help steps.
- Ensure the correctness of Wi-Fi settings: Check the wireless settings of your router and ensure that the Wi-Fi settings of Belkin range extender are similar to the Wi-Fi settings of router. If the settings are not same, then you should correct the wireless settings.
- If you are unable to connect you mobile device with Wi-Fi of Belkin extender, then you should ensure that the mobile device is placed within its Wi-Fi coverage range.
- If you are using more than one wireless device, then you must ensure they are not placed together at a place. One must place all the wireless devices away from each other at a particular distance to avoid network interference that causes connectivity issues.
- Try to reduce the network congestion. Connecting a number of devices to your wireless network can lead to network congestion. So try to minimize the number of connecting devices under your Wi-Fi network. Devices that require more internet speed must be placed nearer to Belkin range extender to avoid network speed issues.
- Try to eliminate the devices that cause network interferences. All electronic equipments, microwave, mobile phones, thick cemented walls, large water tanks can lead to net work interferences. So one must ensure that none of such devices is placed between the router, range extender and connecting mobile devices. The interference can also be reduced by changing the Wi-Fi channel of your router.
You may refer to following steps for changing the Wi-Fi channel of your Belkin.
- Open the web browser on any of your internet supporting devices.
- Type http://router as the URL and press “Enter” key to open the page. In case you are not able to access the page through this URL, then type the IP address “192.168.2.1” as the URL and press down the “Enter” key.
- Soon as the page loads up, locate the option for “Login” and click on it.
- A login window will open up. There you will be asked to submit the password details. So, if you have set up a password, then type in the password details else leave the field blank and click on “Submit” button. The default password is blank so the password field can be left blank if no changes have been made to its default settings.
- Once you are logged in, click on “Wireless Settings.”
- Under wireless settings locate the option for “Channel and SSID” and click on it.
- Click on option for “Wireless Channel” and choose any of your preferred Wi-Fi channels. Usually it is recommended to opt for any of the channels numbered as 1, 6, or 11 because they are non-overlapping in nature.
- After selecting the channel, click on “Apply Changes” to retain the changes.
- One should check and ensure the firmware of their Belkin is updated. It is because the outdated firmware can also lead to connectivity issues.
So, these were few troubleshooting steps that can be used for addressing the connectivity issues related to Belkin range extender. If you want to access more such information, then visit Belkin Wifi Extender Setup page. There you can easily locate information, support and troubleshooting procedures related to Belkin.