All belkin users need to visit its default IP address for accessing belkin inbuilt web-based setup pages and changing its default settings. Merely, typing in its IP i.e. 192.168.2.1 leads to the belkin dashboard. Still, there could be time when users might not be able to login due to one or the other reason. So, to overcome this problem here we have a solution for it.
There could be several reasons behind your disabled access to the default address of belkin router. All those hindering factors can be easily addressed by users themselves at home. One can go through Belkin N300 Setup self help guide for a step wise procedure for solving the problem. So, at present if you are unable to access the IP 192.168.2.1, then kindly go through the following self troubleshooting procedure:
- Ensure the Ethernet cable connections are tight and secure: Check whether the Ethernet cable connected with Belkin router is in good connection with your computer or internet supporting mobile device or not. If the connection is loose then get it tight and secure. Still, if you are unable to browse the default IP then try using another Ethernet cable as there can be a possibility of Ethernet cable being defected. Also, you can try to use the internet connection wirelessly by connecting to your belkin router WiFi.
- Verify the correctness of your computer’s IP: Check whether the IP address of your computer is within the supporting range of IP segment of your belkin router. In case you are not sure about the IP address of your computer for automatically obtaining the IP address. In case your computer possesses a static IP address then note down the setup procedure before setting it up for the auto mode.
- Ensure the correctness of routers IP address: Make sure you are typing in the correct default IP address of your belkin router. Also, remember that default IP won’t work if you have made any changes to the default settings.
- Resolve IP conflicts: Ensure no two devices are using a same IP address. There is a possibility that your modem and belkin router are having same IP address. So in such cases try turning OFF another device with same IP address and check if now you are able to access the Default IP for web based belkin setup.
- Check if you are using correct login credentials: Make sure you are typing in the correct default admin username and password. If in case you have made any changes to the default user ID and password then ensure you are using latest admin ID and password for signing in to your account. In case, you don’t remember the password then try to reset it and if you require help then go through the support procedure for Belkin Setup N300.
- Browser issues: Make sure you are using an updated version of your web browser. If the browser is up to date and still you are unable to access the belkin IP then try to delete the cached data and history of your web browser.
- Reset your belkin router: Restore the settings of your belkin router to its default settings. You can do it by pressing down the “Reset” button of your Belkin router for a minimum of 10 seconds. If the issue still persists then ensure you using the belkin router with most recent version of firmware. It case the firmware is not updated get it updated with the most recent one available online.
So these were few troubleshooting steps to enable the access to default IP of Belkin router. Hope it was helpful to you. If you are looking for more such belkin help or Belkin Range Extender Setup then keep browsing our previous as well as upcoming posts.