Are you trying to enable port forwarding for you Belkin? If yes, here’s the procedure for setting up port forwarding for Belkin router. Port forwarding will enable devices to go through the firewall settings for accessing various web servers, FTP servers, gaming applications etc. For complete port forwarding procedure kindly refer to the information provided below.
While the routers port forwarding option is not enabled, the users might face problem in accessing certain web page and applications. Users playing video games might face problem while using gaming consoles. In case of online games they might not be able to join games being hosted by other people online. So in order to resolve such access issues it is advised to turn ON the port forwarding options for routers. In case of Belkin router you can go through the following procedure to turn ON the port forwarding.
Pre-requisites for enabling port forwarding for Belkin Setup N300:
- You must have the IP address of that device or personal computer for port forwarding settings.
- You must have the port numbers that are to be used for port forwarding. Also you should ensure whether all of those ports are TCP ports or UDP ports.
- Ensure that the router and the computer are connected through a hardwired connection with the help of an Ethernet cable cord.
To explain port forwarding here we have an example of Xbox gaming console. Bellow is the list of ports that will be forwarded along with their types.
- TCP port number 80
- UDP port number 88
- UDP port number3074
- TCP port number3074
- UDP port number 53
- TCP port number 53
The number of ports which are to be forwarded to Belkin might vary according to type of internet connection being used or likely to be used. For other gaming consoles you can identify these port numbers from the gaming manual that you might have got along with it at the time of purchasing. In case you find any difficulty in locating the port number then you can ask help from the manufacturer of your gaming console.
Once you have the port numbers go through the following steps:
- Turn on the personal computer.
- Open any of the web browsers. Ensure that it is updated with the latest version to work efficiently.
- In the search field of browser type “192. 168.2.1” as the URL and click on “GO” or press down the Enter key. 192. 168.2.1 is the default IP for accessing web based setup page for Belkin routers. If ever you have modified the settings of default IP address, then you will have to type in the updated IP address as the URL in search field of web browser. In case you find any difficulty, then feel free to visit Belkin N300 Setup Help page for complete IP identification procedure.
- Once you are at the web based setup page for Belkin router you should click on the option for “Login.” You can easily locate the “Login” option in the top right side of that web based setup page.
- You will be directed to a prompt that might ask you type in the Belkin router’s “Password.” So, type in the password details and click on the option for “Submit.” Make sure you type the password in its actual format as they are case sensitive. Any mistake in the uppercase or lowercase of alphabets can lead to wrong password error.
- After you are logged in to your Arlo account, try to locate the option for Firewall settings.
- Under Firewall settings click on the option for “Virtual Servers.”
- Click on the check box for “Enable” and type in the details as follows:
- For field labeled as Xbox1 type “80” for inbound port. Initialize the protocol type to TCP. Type in the IP address for Xbox gaming console as Private IP and submit the private port details in the defined fields.
- For field labeled as Xbox2 type “88” for inbound port. Initialize the protocol type to UDP. Type in the IP address for Xbox gaming console as Private IP and submit the private port details in the defined fields.
- For field labeled as Xbox3 type “3074” for inbound port. Set the protocol type to UDP as well as TCP. Type in the IP address for Xbox gaming console as Private IP and submit the private port details in the defined fields.
- For field labeled as Xbox4 type “53” for inbound port. Set the protocol type to UDP as well as TCP. Type in the IP address for Xbox gaming console as Private IP and submit the private port details in the defined fields.
- Now, click on the button for “Apply Changes” and the settings will be retained.
Note: Kindly, remember that the device must be allocated a static IP address because the port forwarding will be done to a single IP address only. Also, ensure that the IP address being used is within the range Belkin.
So this was all how you can enable the port forwarding for Belkin router. Hope it proved to be informational and helpful to you. For more such help steps related Belkin kindly visit Belkin and Belkin Range Extender Setup page.