Don’t have the Belkin setup CD? If yes, then you might be looking for an alternate way to configure your Belkin router. Here’s the complete procedure to setup Belkin router without its Setup CD.
Ideally there are two ways to setup a Belkin router. One is through setup CD and another is through the Belkin web setup page. Here’s the procedure to setup Belkin router without setup CD. So, if you don’t have the setup CD, then kindly refer to this complete procedure for setting up your Belkin router.
While configuring their Belkin router without setup CD, users need to go through the following three major steps.
- Ensure the availability of internet network
- Establish connection between devices
- Browse the web setup page of Belkin
Users may refer to the following information to get a detailed view of all these three steps that are required for Belkin N300 Router Setup.
Steps for ensuring the availability of Internet connectivity:
- Check if your devices are receiving internet signals from the respective internet service provider.
Ensure you have a working internet network.
- If you are using wired connections for accessing internet network, then make sure the computer is securely connected to the modem with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Ensure the modem is connected to a working power outlet and its switch is in ON state.
- Try to access any web page from the connected computer. Check if the web page opens up or not. If you are able to access the web page, then it means you have a working internet connection. In case, you are unable to access internet, then get in touch with the internet service provider to get the issue resolved.
Now, disconnect the modem from working power outlet and go through the steps for establishing connection between devices:
- Plug in the one end of Ethernet cable to the internet port of Belkin router and another end to the modem.
- Connect the modem and router to the working power outlet and power ON the switch for them.
- Connect the one end of Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port of Belkin router and another end to the internet port of computer.
- Check the status of LED lights available on the Belkin router. Keep an eye on the status LED light till it starts glowing steady blue in color. If the LED starts blinking amber in color, then users need to go through the following set of troubleshooting steps.
- Check if the modem and router are securely connected to each other through an Ethernet cord.
- Powercycle or hard reset the modem by disconnecting it from the power outlet. Unplug all the connecting wires, wait for 10-15 seconds and then connect the wires back to their place.
- Powercycle or hard reset the Belkin router. Unplug all the connecting wires of your router, wait for 10-15 seconds and then connect the wires back to their place.
Once the LED light of router starts glowing steady Blue, then you may refer to the following steps for viewing the web Belkin N300 Setup page.
- Open any updated web browser on your computer, type http://router as the URL and click on “GO” or press once the enter key. If you are unable to access this URL, then type the IP address: 192.168.2.1 instead of URL and click on the “Go” button.
- If a prompt opens up saying “Let’s connect to internet,” then click on the button for “Detect my connection.” It will establish the internet connectivity for router as well as check if there’s any firmware update available for it.
- Soon as the connectivity is established, users will receive a prompt for submitting the credentials. So, type in the network ID and password details and click on the button for “Save and Continue.”
- The Belkin will start verifying the network ID and password details. After the details are verified click on the button labeled as “Great, what’s next.”
- A registration window for router will open up, so fill in all the asked details and click on the “Complete Registration” button.
- Now click once of the option for “Thanks, direct me to dashboard.” This will take users to the Dashboard where users can make changes to their Belkin router settings.
After users have gone through all of these above listed steps, their Belkin router will be all set for using. Now, users connect it to any number of devices and internet network as per their requirements. Hope the entire procedure was easy to interpret and helpful. For more such information kindly visit Belkin N300 Setup Support page.